FIRE PROTECTION OF PAINTING BOOTHS
In the surface finishing of products, in various industrial applications, we very often come across painting systems where there is a high probability of fire or explosion.
Our company, RSBP, has developed the dedicated FIREPRO system for protection of paint booths. It provides a full range of all services and products associated with the protection of paint booths, from production and delivery to complete installation and servicing, and in this way it minimises fire risk, which can cause extensive damage to equipment and fatalities.
- High speed optical detectors
- Focused extinguishing, directly on spray equipment
- Flexible design, based on the volume
- Effective prevention of flame spread through ducting
- Specific solution, tailored to the customer
- Modular systems – configurable use of system components
- Economic advantages of FIREPRO
- Intelligent detectors eliminating false activation, suitable for hazardous zone installation
- Optical detectors with total control function, including optical integrity
- The extinguishing agent leaves no residue and does not cause corrosion, does not harm instruments
CAUSES OF FIRES IN PAINT SHOPS AND SPRAY BOOTHS:
- Flammable paints and solvents
- Electrostatic discharge from paint application equipment
- Formation of explosive atmosphere due to accumulation of paint
- Ineffective earth bonding of paint equipment
- Build-up of paints in the booth, filters or cyclones
FUNCTION OF THE SYSTEM
Highly sensitive detectors constantly monitor all the critical places in the paint booth. If a flame occurs, the detector will detect the radiation within milliseconds, and extinguishing will be activated by the control unit. The control unit is also connected to the control system of the paint lines and initiates an “Emergency Stop” of spray equipment so that no more flammable substances are released into the protected area. A fire occurring in a paint booth is extinguished very rapidly and effectively by the dedicated FIREPRO system designed by RSBP. Recovery time after such an incident is minimal. FIREPRO is the only system capable of minimising the costs and downtime caused by a fire.